Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area Map Edmonton
Location: 13 km from Stony Plain. Exit Stony Plain on Hwy 779; turn left (west) at Township Road 534. Drive 5 km, then turn right (north) onto Range Road 12A and continue on to Range Road 13. Directional signs along the route will guide you.
Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area is a 194-hectare park located on the ancient delta of a glacier. It encompasses seven small lakes and two ponds. Maps at the park entrance detail more than 14 kilometres of trails that include easy walks and more challenging hikes. A self-guided interpretive tour along one of the trails details park flora and fauna.
Mountain bikers, horseback riders, and hikers will find exploring these hills and valleys a pleasurable experience. Bring your binoculars and camera because wildlife is plentiful. This is also a good place to paddle a canoe or fish for brook trout. Once enough snow falls, trails are groomed for all levels of cross-country skiing. A chalet is available from November through April.
Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area Map Edmonton Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE KANDY HOUSE KANDY, SRI LANKA BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HISTORIC TEA TANGALLE, SRI LANKA PLANTATIONS, IMPRESSIVE SAFARIS
- A HOLIDAY TO CLUB LA SANTA IN LANZAROTE
- IL SERENO LAKE COMO, ITALY SET ON THE LAKE’S SOUTH-EASTERN SHORE
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- PINE CLIFFS ALGARVE, PORTUGAL AS RELAXING WAYS TO ARRIVE AT THE BEACH GO