From Cody to the East Entrance Yellowstone Photo Gallery
Starting your trip at Cody, you may enjoy visiting one or more of the town’s five western museums or attending a rodeo. Accommodations are available in Cody and at numerous guest ranches along the road leading to Yellowstone’s East Entrance, 53 miles (85 km) from the town. Heading directly west, at Buffalo Bill Dam, you’ll find a visitor center with interesting exhibits. Campgrounds and numerous places for water sports are available in the state park around the reservoir. For several miles before you reach Yellowstone, wonderfully bizarre rock formations line the road. A longer but very scenic road over the mountains from Cody to Yellowstone is the Chief Joseph Highway. To take the longer route, go north from the center of town and turn northwest (left) on Wyoming Highway 120 in less than one-half mile. After about 17 miles (27 km), turn left (or west) on Wyoming 296 to cross Dead Indian Pass and descend to Cooke City, Montana.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide