The culture of London is appreciated and loved by people across the globe and it has maintained its glory since past many years and continuing the same glory. People here are fond of watching dramas and if you love theaters then you will find some big chains of theaters all over the city. The West end London is famous for existences of well decorated and advanced theaters. Popular shows run in these theaters all through the year. The theatre can be considered as a magical place, where the supreme energy of the performing actors will get forwarded to the audience and will take them on a roller coaster ride, full of emotion.
Give a Kick to Your Creative Side Visiting Top London Theaters Photo Gallery
1. The Old Vic: The first name in the list of notable theaters of London is The Old Vic. It was in the year 1818 when the first show was premiered in this theater and since then it is maintaining its glory and pride. Famous Hollywood actor Kavin Spacey managed this theater for 11 years before ending his era and forwarding the responsibility to the next torchbearers.
2. Shakespeare Globe: The next popular theater in London is Shakespeare Globe and this theater is almost 400 years old. This theater is carrying forward the essence of the history of the old culture of the London. Unfortunately, it was in the year 1613 when the original building was burnt down due to some accidental fire. It was again re constructed in the same space and continuing the journey with same pride and glory.
3. The National Theater: The National Theater is said to be one of the most influential one and in this theater you can enjoy some brilliant plays which are very influential and will create an impact on your taste of quality theater shows. The directors have made these shows more attractive and if you are in London, then do not miss watching out a show here.
4. The Young Vic: The Young Vic is another popular name among the leading theaters in London and it was established in the year 1970. This theater gives opportunity to the young generation to show something new on the stage. Some of the most influential shows are now staged on this theater.
5. Royal Court Theater: Being a theater lover one should not miss the shows which are staged at Royal Court Theater. This theater started its journey in the year 1950 and till date it is maintaining its glory. The present directors are making best possible effort to bring new creative dimensions to entertain the audience better.
6. Lyric Hammersmith: Another popular theater in London is Lyric Hammersmith. This theatre underwent vast renovation and emerged as the most popular one for all media productions. The stage and the building of this theater will offer you the essence of Victorian era. You can also enjoy snacks and drinks at the rooftop bar before your show.
7. The Barbican Center: The Barbican Center is mentioned to be one of the unique ones in whole Europe. It has a sitting arrangement of almost 1100 people. This theater was mainly designed for the well-known Royal Theatre Company.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Top 10 Creepiest Places that Dark Tourists Love
- Top 10 Friendliest Cities in Europe
- Health and Fitness Travel
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados