A silver mine near Virginia City is discovered by Mexican Ignacio Paredes. The prematurely abandoned mine was reopened by a Canadian, Henry Comstock.
The San Pedro, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake railroad is completed and the city of Las Vegas starts to emerge. Two thousand Mexican workers are the driving force in the completion of this railroad line.
The Bracero program is in effect in Nevada. This program was an agreement between the Mexican and U.S. governments to allow Mexican workers to fill the U.S. labor shortages created by U.S. involvement in World War II.
Nevada Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES