BOAT EXCURSIONS. Splendid views of the city are in store when you take one of the several boat trips around Manhattan.
The Circle Line leaves from Pier 83 at the foot of West 43rd Street for a three-hour cruise around Manhattan (563-3200). You can take a ferry from Battery Park to Ellis Island, where there is a guided tour by the National Park Service Rangers (269-5755) or to the Statue of Liberty (hourly departures). The Staten Island Ferry also leaves from Battery Park and offers an impressive view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, even if you don’t have time to get off and visit Staten Island itself.
For something further afield, cruise up the Hudson River to West Point, an all-day affair (279-5151): departure from Pier 81.
New York map print Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru