The city’s two major opera companies occupy adjoining buildings in Lincoln Center. The Met may have the glamour and the Italian tenors but City Center can lay claim to a more modern and adventurous repertory.
Carnegie Hall, known for its excellent acoustics, plays host to outstanding visiting artists. Free concerts are held frequently at Lincoln Center’s Library of the Performing Arts and at the Juilliard School of Music. Summers, the Met and the Philharmonic give free performances in the city’s parks.
Opera and Concert in New York Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Coolest Countries in the World to Visit
- Travel to Santorini, Greece
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados