New Jersey’s third-largest city, Paterson is a great destination for first-time travelers. With plenty of events and festivals to keep it interesting, the city is also home to many popular shopping areas. And with new attractions opening all the time, there are always new places to explore.
Map Of Paterson
This map of Paterson should help you find your way around the city.
If you’re looking for a city to explore in New Jersey, Paterson might be the perfect choice. Situated on the banks of the Passaic River, this bustling borough is home to a population of just over 100,000 and offers plenty of things to do and see. Whether you’re looking to visit some of the local attractions or take in some of Paterson’s vibrant cultural scene, this guide will help you get the most out of your trip.
Paterson Travel Guide: The City in New Jersey Photo Gallery
What to Do in Paterson
Paterson is known for its waterfront, art scene, and vibrant nightlife. Whether you’re a tourist or a resident, there’s plenty to do in this city of over 230,000 people. Check out our list of the top 10 things to do in Paterson.
1. Enjoy the waterfront: Walk or bike along the riverfront promenade and take in the sights and sounds of Paterson’s vibrant nightlife.
2. Visit the museums: From art galleries to history museums, Paterson has something to offer everyone.
3. Take in a show: Broadway shows come to Paterson every week, making it the perfect spot to enjoy a show while taking in the city’s nightlife.
4. Explore the local shops: From quirky boutiques to big-name retailers, there’s something for everyone in Paterson’s shopping district.
5. Taste local cuisine: Sample New Jersey classics like cheesesteaks and chicken parmesan at restaurants like Joe’s Pizza and Tony & Tina’s Pizzeria.
Where to Eat
There are so many great restaurants in Paterson! Some of our favorites include El Farolito, La Dolce Vita, and Mi Casa. All of these restaurants have delicious food and excellent service. Another place to check out for lunch or dinner is Slices Pizza. They serve up some of the best pizza around. If you’re looking for something a little more unique, try Outback Steakhouse or Mama Mia’s Pizza. Both of these restaurants offer delicious food and interesting atmospheres. There are also a lot of great spots to eat near the Plaza Paterson Arts Center, including The Grove Cafe, Papaya King, and Yogurtland. Finally, if you’re looking for a quick bite, there are plenty of places to choose from near the train station, including Subway, McDonalds, and KFC.
Where to Shop
If you’re looking for unique shopping experiences in Paterson, be sure to check out the city’s many small boutiques and independent shops. In addition to traditional retailers, be sure to explore the city’s art galleries and studios for unique finds. For a more relaxed shopping experience, head to the nearby malls or outlet stores.
Here are a few of our favorite shops in Paterson:
-Lenny and Larry’s Antiques: This shop is a must-stop for collectors of vintage furniture, pottery, and other memorabilia.
-The Seven Gables Antique Mall: This mall is home to a wide variety of antique stores, as well as clothing retailers like Zara and H&M.
-Patsy’s Art Gallery: This gallery specializes in outsider art, including work by local artists.
-Vintage Finds: This store features vintage clothes, home decor, and accessories from all over the world.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of living in Paterson can be a bit on the higher side, but it’s not as expensive as some other cities. Rent prices are especially high, but you can also find reasonably priced housing if you’re willing to look for it. The average person will need to budget around $2000 per year to live comfortably in Paterson.
Getting Around Paterson
Paterson is a city in New Jersey. It is the largest city in Passaic County and the thirteenth-largest city in the United States, with a population of 159,922 as of 2010. Paterson was first settled by the Dutch in 1629 and became a part of the British colony of New Netherland. The city became part of the United States after the Treaty of Paris in 1783.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Roskilde Travel Guide: Things To Do And Most Popular Destinations
- Travel Guide for Tourists: A Guide to Saint Petersburg, Russia
- The Best Things To Do In Rosario: The Map
- Map Of Rouen: What You Need To Know About The City Traveling To France
- Santa Fe: The City That Never Sleeps