Surrounded by the Ljulin mountains, the Sredna-Gora mountains and the 2325 meter high Vitoscha (the city’s “own mountain”), the city of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria and of the province of Sofia with 1,142,000 inhabitants, is very pleasantly situated in the ‘mid-west’ of the country. The crossroads of the railway lines between Belgrade -Istanbul and Bukarest – Skopje, 65 kilometers east of the Yugoslavian border, is not only an important junction and a major industrial city, but also holds its own as Bulgaria’s cultural and creative center. Seeing the wide streets, spacious parks and modem buildings, it is hard to believe that the city has a history of thousands of years. The motto written on the city symbol reads: “It grows, but does not age”.
SOFIA MAP Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tokyo Map – Tokyo City Guide
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide