After an elegant wedding at Terrell House Bed & Breakfast in New Orleans’ Garden District, we danced down the street in a second-line parade, following a brass band to The Tasting Room New Orleans for an after-party. The city had become a central character in our destination-wedding story, documented by CinemaCake Filmmakers.
Nine years earlier, I met my groom, Rian, at a business meeting in Philadelphia, where we work as special-event professionals. When Rian proposed in Rittenhouse Square, we set the date November 14, 2015 and enlisted local friends at Uncommon Events to plan our wedding in one of our favorite cities. We stayed with 30 of our 75 guests at Terrell House, and other guests stayed in nearby hotels, including W New Orleans and International House Hotel. We hosted a rehearsal dinner at Tableau and a welcome gathering at the Loa Bar.
On the big day, guests joined us at sunset for lighthearted vows at the Terrell House entrance. We chose a handfasting ritual to bind our marriage together. Cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres were served in the adjacent courtyard before a bufet dinner that included shrimp and grits and bananas Foster flamb©. Dancing ensued with James Andrews Band and DJ Marc Fisher. Locals came out to join us as we paraded to the after-party, and we were honored to share with them the most amazing time of our life in a city with so much heart and soul.
Terrell House Bed & Breakfast in New Orleans Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE KANDY HOUSE KANDY, SRI LANKA BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HISTORIC TEA TANGALLE, SRI LANKA PLANTATIONS, IMPRESSIVE SAFARIS
- A HOLIDAY TO CLUB LA SANTA IN LANZAROTE
- IL SERENO LAKE COMO, ITALY SET ON THE LAKE’S SOUTH-EASTERN SHORE
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- PINE CLIFFS ALGARVE, PORTUGAL AS RELAXING WAYS TO ARRIVE AT THE BEACH GO