Traveling in Tennessee
MONTGOMERY BELL STATE RESORT PARK
5,000 acres. Montgomery Bell State Resort Park is located west of Nashville, in west-central Tennessee. This is an area of hilly and hardwood-forested terrain, with some streams and several lakes. Deer and fox are among the wildlife.
Activities: There’s a new 12-mile backpacking trail, and hiking is also allowed on 7 miles of other trails. Fishing is possible at the lakes. Hunting is prohibited.
Camping Regulations: Camping is limited to three shelters along the backpacking trail. A camping permit must be obtained from the park information office. Advance reservations are available and recommended.
A fire permit is required in order to build a campfire, and a special permit is required for groups of more than six. Stoves are recommended for cooking. Pets are not allowed.
For Further Information: Montgomery Bell State Resort Park, Burns, TN 37029; (615)797-9052.
Traveling in Tennessee Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide