The following are some of the best birding spots in North America (source: USA Today):
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, UT (www.fws.gov/bearriver)
• Surrounded by desert, these marshes and mudflats at the northern tip of the Great Salt Lake draw more than 200 species.
Cape May, NJ (www.thejerseycape.net)
• More than 300 species of raptors, songbirds, seabirds, shorebirds, and waterfowl funnel through the peninsula in spring and fall.
Central Park Conservancy, New York City (www.centralparknyc.org)
• Almost 275 species can be found in Manhattan’s biggest park.
Rio Grande Valley, TX (www.valleychamber.com)
• More than a dozen species are found only here or in a few other regions, including the plain chachalaca, white-collared seedeater, green and brown jay, and ringed kingfisher.
USA Birding Destinations Photo Gallery
Southeastern Arizona (www.sabo.org)
• Regarded as one of the nation’s best overall birding spots, the area attracts the rose-throated becard and other tropical birds, which nest here and almost nowhere else.
The 2016 Readers Choice Awards poll by 10Best (www.10best.com), a USA Today travel site, ranked the Best Places for Birding as follows:
1. Aransas National Wildlife Refuge (Texas)
2. Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge/Magee Marsh (Ohio)
3. Hawk Mountain Sanctuary (Pennsylvania)
4. Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary (Florida)
5. Francis Beidler Forest (South Carolina)
6. Rowe Sanctuary (Nebraska)
7. Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge (Hawaii)
8. Cape May National Wildlife Refuge (New Jersey)
9. Sky Islands (Arizona)
10. Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge (New Mexico)
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Temples Of Kyoto
- Cambodia Map Outline – Maps Cambodia
- The Soul Journey Retreat Where? Queenstown, New Zealand
- Teramachi Temple Town in Kyoto
- Gardens Of Kyoto