Visit to Colorado
GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL MONUMENT
38,659 acres. Located at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and next to Rio Grande National Forest, in south-central Colorado, this is a huge area of sand dunes. Among them are the highest dunes in the country, nearly 700 feet tall.
Activities: There are a few trails for hiking and backpacking outside of the dune area. Most of the Monument is trail-less, however, requiring crosscountry travel. Horseback riding is permitted.
Cam ping Regulations: Backcountry camping is allowed at two designated sites, and also throughout the western part of the Monument, beyond the main dunes. A free permit must be obtained from the visitor center. Campfires are prohibited.
For Further Information: Great Sand Dunes National Monument, 11500 Highway 150, Mosca, CO 81146;(719)378-2312.
Visit to Colorado Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tokyo Map – Tokyo City Guide
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide