When to Go (ZION)
Zion is open year-round, but visitation peaks during summer. Zion Canyon and Kolob Canyons Visitor Centers are open every day except Christmas. Zion Human History Museum is open daily from early March to late November. Watchman Campground is open all year. South Campground is open from March through October. Lava Point Campground is open from June through October. Zion Lodge is open year-round (reduced rates in winter). Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is only accessible by the park’s free shuttle system and guests of Zion Lodge from April through October. The road is plowed and open to motorists for the rest of the year.
Transportation & Airports (ZION)
Public transportation does not provide service to the park, but a free shuttle connects the neighboring town of Springdale with the park and provides the only access to Zion Canyon from April through October. The closest large commercial airports are McCarran International (LAS) in Las Vegas, NV 170 miles to the southwest, and Salt Lake City International (SLC), 313 miles north of the park.
Zion National Park Map Tourist Attractions Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Colorado Springs Travel Guide For Tourist- Map Of Colorado Springs
- The Ultimate Travel Guide For Ireland: A Map Of The Nation’s Best Destinations
- Greece Travel Guide – Places to Visit, Nightlife And Culture
- Tourist Guide To South Africa: A Complete Travel Guide
- A Travel Guide To Slovakia: The Best Destinations, Tips & Maps