My first task on arriving in Urumchi was to find a China travel attractions permitted way of getting to Kashgar. Foreigners entering China need an alien’s travel card which allows China travel attractions them to visit only the areas specified on it, but these can be officially added to at any time. One’s movements are controlled by the Public Security Office who keep a list of places which are open’ to foreigners. Usually these are cities, but some interesting rural areas have opened recently, and it was these parts I hoped to find. One newly opened city was Kashgar, fabled crossroads of Asia. I could have flown direct, but I wanted to travel the Silk Road myself and experience the desert, which was why I was finding my way to Urumchi’s public bus depot that day at the beginning of May.
China travel attractions Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mandapa A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- Reviews: Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang – Map of Cambodia – Where to Stay in Cambodia
- The Datai, Langkawi MALAYSIA
- Honeymoon at Domaine des Etangs FRANCE