There is a daily bus service to Kashgar, and it China travel map takes four days. The clerk didn’t want to sell me a ticket because, as she China travel map said, it’s an arduous journey and the night halts are at truck-drivers’ inns. But she finally agreed and after warning me that the back afforded a very bumpy ride, sold me a front window seat. Before leaving England I had spent a couple of months acquiring some basic Mandarin; speaking Chinese, although very haltingly, proved invaluable on this occasion, but in general I was amazed to find how few people who live here can speak Chinese. Whenever I asked for directions people made me wait until they could find someone who understood Chinese. And looking around I could see that the faces were not of Han (Chinese) descent.
China travel map Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru