Province: Jiangxi. Area: 555sq.km/214sq, miles Population: 364,000 Jiujiang lies at 115°58’E and 29°47’N, in the north of Jiangxi Province. The city is 135km/84 miles from the provincial capital, Nanchang, which can be reached by rail (3 hours) or bus. There are two airports. Ships also travel to Jiujiang from Wuhan, Chongqing, Nanjing and Shanghai.
The city, which in antiquity went under the names Xunyang, Chaisang and Jiangzhou, can definitely claim to be over 2000 years old, as a prefecture was established here during the period of Qin rule (221-206 b.c.). Overthe centuries the town became a major trading centre in tea and porcelain. Many artists came to Jiujiang and left behind an enormous number of paintings, sculptures, inscriptions and drawings on stone. In 1862 the city was forced to open its doors to foreign trade. Since 1949 light industry has played an important role in the economic life ofthe city.
Chinese travel trends 2017 Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES