Holiday in Wisconsin
NEWPORT STATE PARK
2,300 acres. Located in northeastern Wisconsin, near the tip of a peninsula extending into Lake Michigan, this wild state park includes 11 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline.
Activities: There are 28 miles of trails for hiking and backpacking. Most trails are used for crosscountry skiing in winter. Snowshoeing and winter hiking are allowed on two trails.
Camping Regulations: Along the trails are 16 designated backpack campsites, most of them near the lakeshore. A permit is required to camp here, and may be obtained from the park office. A fee is charged for each night. Campfires are allowed but discouraged. A stove is recommended for cooking.
For Further Information: Newport State Park, 475 South Newport Lane, Ellison Bay, WI 54210; (414)854-2500.
Holiday in Wisconsin Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES