RELIGIOUS SERVICES. Every conceivable religion is represented in New York; not only the well-known faiths but a large number of offbeat sects also hold services.
Over 40 churches of special interest are mentioned in the free Visitor’s Guide and Map issued by the N.Y. Convention and Visitors Bureau (see Tourist Information Offices). A list of the main churches is posted in most hotel lobbies.
Here’s a cross-section for different beliefs:
Catholic: St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fifth Avenue (opposite Rockefeller Center), tel. 753-2261
Episcopalian: Cathedral of St. John the Divine (the largest Gothic-style church in the world), Amsterdam Avenue and 112th Street, tel. 678-6888
Jewish: Temple Emanu-El. Fifth Avenue at 65th Street, tel. 744-1400 119
D Methodist: Lexington United Methodist Church, 150 East 62nd Street, tel. 838-6915
New York map midtown Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru