The Yankees (baseball) can be seen at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx (161st Street and River Avenue), reached on the No. 4, CC or D subway. The Giants (football team) have recently moved to the Meadowlands in New Jersey.
The important basketball (New York Knicks) and ice hockey (New York Rangers) teams play at Madison Square Garden. The Garden is also the place to see World Championship boxing, horse shows and other assorted sporting events. You may be able to get tickets for individual matches at the Garden’s box office.
New Yorkers love to bet on horses. The two big race tracks are Aqueduct and Belmont, both in Queens. The trotters go through their paces at Roosevelt Raceway.
The prestigious U.S. Open tennis tournament, in September, has moved from Forest Hills to Flushing Meadows in Queens. The lcfcal tennis team, the Apples, can be seen at Madison Square Garden.
In a canyon among Radio City’s skyscrapers, ice-skaters work out before appreciative passers-by.
New York map scarf Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru