Festivals of New York
The Chinese New Year is a movable feast occurring in January or February. Go to Chinatown if you’re not frightened by the racket the sidewalks are veritable minefields of firecrackers. They’re noisy but harmless.
The Feast of St. Anthony of Padua in early June (on Sullivan Street between Houston and Spring streets) and the Feast of San Gennaro in September (on Mulberry and Grand streets in Little Italy) both feature fun, games and Italian street food.
The Newport Jazz Festival now moves to New York the last week of June. Musicians hold forth in concert halls, in circulating jazzmobiles and on the streets. In summer, other open-air festivals take place in Central Park and at Lincoln Center. You can get information on current activities by calling 755-4100.
New York map tourist Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru