RECOMMENDED VACATIONS OF ARKANSAS
ST. FRANCIS NATIONAL FOREST
20,946 acres. This small National Forest is situated along the Mississippi and St. Francis Rivers on the eastern Arkansas border. It’s administered by Ozark National Forest in northwest Arkansas. Much of the region is hilly and hardwood-forested, with two sizable lakes and many creeks, and there are also some riverside flatlands. Wildlife includes deer and turkey.
Activities: Canoeing is available on the rivers here, as is fishing. Hiking and backpacking are possible in the area but there are no formal trails. Hunting is permitted in season.
Camping Regulations: Camping and campfires are allowed in just about any suitable location, except where posted otherwise. No permits are necessary.
For Further Information: St. Francis National Forest, P.O. Box 1008, 605 West Main, Russellville, AR 72801; (501)968-2354.
RECOMMENDED VACATIONS OF ARKANSAS Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Barbados – Holiday in Barbados
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives