315 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge; (617) 497-0977
This Jamaican restaurant and bar, a relatively new arrival in the M.I.T. area, cooks up more than terrific jerk chicken and curried conch. Every Friday and Saturday night from 10:30 PM. to 1 A.M. plus occasional Thursdays, they close up the kitchen and instead serve up live Caribbean dance music. Local bands play every variety of Afropop, from reggae to calypso to soukous. There’s a full bar (plenty of Red Stripe beer on hand). Good thing there’s a dance floor; this music makes it hard to sit still.
Cover is usually a reasonable $5; or, you can come in before 10 P.M. order dinner, and stay on for no extra charge. The menu is moderately priced (with a few entrees under $10), the food is wonderful, and the service is friendly.
Rhythm & Spice US Map & Phone & Address Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide
- WITH LUXURIOUS SANDALS ALL-INCLUSIVE CARIBBEAN ESCAPES