In the last comer is an ornate wooden hearse (hand Stockholm China travel reviews carried) with a coffin inscribed and painted with insignias and painted silver insets. The curator Stockholm China travel reviews tried to explain it all in Uighur; of course I didn’t understand a word but marvelled at the magnificent echoes produced by his voice beneath the dome.
As I cycled back towards town I detoured to avoid a stony section of road, and took to the paths through the fields. This was how I came across a vast old Moslem cemetery, mile upon mile of crumbling vaults, made of clay and straw, shaped like long domed coffins or else circular resembling bee-hives. Many vaults had fallen inwards revealing dark holes underground. Occasionally the ground beneath me was so thin I could feel it sink under my weight.
Stockholm China travel reviews Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru