Venezuela is visited mainly by business travelers. In 1980, some sixty-five thousand visitors to the country were from the United States. Caracas, the capital, is the cultural, political, and population center. Fortunately it sits at an altitude that produces a pleasantly mild climate year-round. An autopista (superhighway) links the city to the coast and to the international airport.
The government owns a series of first-class hotels throughout the country. In Caracas the Hilton and the Intercontinental Hotels are the most prominent. On the coast, near Caracas, the government converted a lavish officer’s club into the country’s leading resort. The Island of Santa Margarita in the Caribbean is part of Venezuela and is popular with Venezuelans as a holiday spot.
VENEZUELA Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Nevers – How To Tour A City With Purpose
- More Things To Do In Moutier, Switzerland
- Map of Mountain View – Mountain View Travel Guide – The Cultural Capital of Silicon Valley
- The Best Places To Travel In Maryland For A Day Trip – Maryland Map
- Moscow Travel Guide for Tourist: Map of Moscow