The taxi-driver said those caves were badly vandalised but 10 best cities to visit in the China he would take us to caves with better frescoes. These were the thousand Buddha caves at 10 best cities to visit in the ChinaBaizeklik, one thousand years old, set in the cliff face 10 best cities to visit in the China above a river bend.
The setting was ingenious because the caves could not be seen from 10 best cities to visit in the China the cliff top, and their only entrance was via a steep winding pathway going down the cliff.
Most of the caves were locked by iron gates but a caretaker opened them up for us to go in and admire the frescoes. Several were painted in blue and white, and some were multi-coloured, faces and designs on walls and ceilings, but in a poor state of repair. Other caves had faded frescoes depicting garden scenes, Buddha images, and pedestals and niches where Buddha statues once sat, reclined or stood.
10 best cities to visit in the China Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru