ELEVEN MILE STATE RECREATION AREA MAP COLORADO
7,400 acres. Located in an area of grasslands in central Colorado, next to Pike National Forest, this State Recreation Area centers around a 3,400-acre reservoir which was created by damming up the South Platte River.
Activities: Limited hiking is available here, as is cross-country skiing during winter. Fishing is possible along the reservoir. Hunting is permitted in season. Swimming is not allowed.
Camping Regulations: There are 25 primitive walk-in (or boat-in) campsites along the northeast shore of the reservoir. Backcountry camping is limited to these sites. A permit is required, and a fee charged for each night.
For Further Information: Eleven Mile State Recreation Area, Star Route 2, Box 4229, Lake George, CO 80827; (719)748-3401.
ELEVEN MILE STATE RECREATION AREA MAP COLORADO Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The 10 Best American National Parks to Visit
- RAFFLES DUBAI DUBAI HAS LONG BEEN THE DESTINATION FOR SUN-DRENCHED OPULENCE
- Adventure awaits in Park City Utah
- Maldives Luxury Resort | Huvafen Fushi Maldives
- Must-Haves for the Maldives: The Ultimate Packing Guide