Among American architects, Frank Lloyd Wright is, by far, the most famous. Several buildings designed by Mr. Wright are open to the public, including Fallingwater (Bear Run, PA), which was named “The Building of the 20th Century” in an informal poll taken by members attending a recent annual convention of the American Institute of Architects.
Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings In Chicago
The Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust (www.flwright.org) offers tours of Wright’s Home and Studio in Oak Park, Illinois, considered the birthplace of American residential architecture, and Wright’s Frederick C. Robie House, located on the University of Chicago campus. The museum houses receive over 100,000 visitors annually.
Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings Map
Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings Photo Gallery
Five Frank Lloyd Wright-designed homes are available to overnight guests, as follows:
• Bernard Schwartz House (Two Rivers, WI)
• Donald and Elizabeth Duncan House (Laurel Highlands, PA)
• Louis Penfield House (Willoughby, OH)
• Mr. & Mrs. John D. Haynes House (Fort Wayne, IN)
• Seth Peterson Cottage (Lake Delton, WI)
Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings In Wisconsin
Other buildings designed by Mr. Wright serve as public buildings, including the Guggenheim Museum (New York, NY) and the Monona Terrace Convention Center (Milwaukee, WI).
Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings California
Florida Southern College, once selected by The Princeton Review as The Most Beautiful Campus in the Nation, is home to Child of the Sun, the largest single-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. There are 13 Wright-designed buildings on the campus.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mandapa A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Reviews: Zannier Hotels Phum Baitang – Map of Cambodia – Where to Stay in Cambodia
- The Datai, Langkawi MALAYSIA
- Honeymoon at Domaine des Etangs FRANCE
- Travel to Carneros Resort And Spa NAPA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA