The Port Authority of New
York and New Jersey was responsible for building the centre. which was opened in 1976. Besides the two 110-storey towers with their thousands of offices, there are three lower buildings in the complex. A gigantic bronze globe highlights the central square. The 30 million cubic feet of earth and rocks excavated from the site were dumped into the Hudson
Balancing act giant cube perched precariously at World Trade Center.
River a little way upstream, forming a great esplanade where the city plans to put up a group of apartment houses.
Don’t plan your visit to Wall Street over the weekend: it’s quite deserted then. Go during the week, preferably at lunchtime or when the offices are emptying. You’D marvel at the hordes of people crammed into the tiny streets.
map 0f New York state Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Best Cities To Visit in The World
- World’s 10 Best Places To Visit
- Ngerulmud Travel Guide: Your Guide To The Best Of Dundee
- Guide to Mexico: The Ultimate Map Of Mexico, A Complete Travel Guide
- A Complete Guide To The Best And Worst Ways to Travel Peru