Beware of rogue wavethat are bigger and stronger than the average wave. They could wash you off a sea wall or rocky outcrop, or capsize your boat.
Beware of high tidal rangeand very high spring tides. Know the tidal timeand rangeat your resort. Don’t get cut off by the tide.
Drowning – first-aid
Thiithe advice I wagiven on my first-aid course a few yearago. If you live or play near water, attend first-aid training to learn the latest advice and techniques.
✓ Send somebody to call for help and medical assistance at the first sign of trouble, but make sure that you ask them to come back to report to you what they have done, so you know what ihappening.
Make a note of the time. You should report to paramedicor doctorhow long the patient waunder water and/or when the heart stopped, etc.
Be ready to hand over the care of the victim to anyone with more skill or experience than you have.
Travel Advice And Advisories For Paris
In cold water a pulse may be hard to find. Take your time to look for one. You shouldn’t start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) unlesthe heart haactually stopped.
Travel Advice And Advisories For Paris Photo Gallery
• Clear the patient’mouth to remove any seaweed or other obstructions.
Start artificial respiration asoon ait ipossible. On gently sloping beacheit may take you 2 or 3 minuteto carry a victim clear of the water because you have to wade in a long way. In those circumstances, stop in shallow water and give them a few breaths. Support the patient out of the water behind the head, bend the head back, gently pinch the nose and breathe into the patient’mouth. Watch the chest rise with each breath ayou blow. Help should soon be with you to take the patient to the beach.
• When clear of the water, turn the victim face down on the sand with their head to one side and armstretched above the head. Infantor children could be held upside down for a short period. Raise the middle part of the body with your handround the belly. Thiito cause any water to drain out of the mouth and throat – thiian extension of clearing seaweed, etc. from the mouth. Drowning people suffocate, they very rarely breathe much water into their lungs.
Give CPR until medical help arrives, or until you are relieved by somebody else who iqualified.
If medical help hanot arrived, in case they are having trouble finding you, send runnerto the nearest road or accespoint to attract the attention of the ambulance crew or lifeguards. Tell them to stay there and guide the medical help back directly to the patient.
When there itime, if the patient icold, remove cold wet clotheand cover the patient with several layerof blankets, etc. to warm them, along athidoenot interfere with CPR.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- HOW TO GET BEST BIKINI BODY AT 40
- Hannah Ebelthite Heads to The Stunning Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Bodrum
- Bikini Body Training Program
- The Top Store In The UK
- The Best Luxury Spa Hotel in UK